Have you ever got cable pinch on your mountain bike, from where it sits in the bike rack on your car? This top tube protector will put an end to that!
Just so we're on the same page, I've added the anatomy of a bike in the picture.
Step 1: Ingredients
- An 18 inch long matching piece of cordura nylon, or other durable fabric. This is the inner fabric, and should be able to take a lot of wear.
- Fabric widths may differ from bike to bike, due to length and circumfrence of the top tube.
- 1 inch Velcro hook and pile; as much Velcro length as fabric length.
- A piece of closed cell foam, like the stuff camping sleeping pads are made out of. I used a slice of my RidgeRest foam mattress.
- Measuring tape
- A sewing machine, although it can be hand stitched.
Step 3: Ingredients: Closed Cell Foam
Step 4: Ingredients: tools
Step 5: Measure Thrice Cut Once
Lucky for me that the missus got a hold of this, measured properly and has the sewing skills.
Cut your fabrics and foam.