The trailer is a Bellelli Eco Trailer Maxi which I modified (with a little woodworking) to a luggage rack level hitch. Why? The original seat post hitch did not adjust high enough to ride level - and I hate seat post hitches, as they get in the way when mounting/dismounting (men's frame).
Also, the rack-mounted trailer hitch does not obstruct the rack (and space above), leaving it free for panniers and (er) luggage.
When not towing, the eye bolt is a convenient and strong point to tie off luggage straps, bungees etc.
Step 1: Tools and Materials
- Eye bolt (mine was 6mm diameter)
- Nut x 4 (to fit the eye bolt)
- Washer x 4 (to fit the eye bolt)
- Pair of rail clamps from an old bicycle saddle
- Spanner (to fit the nuts)
- Hacksaw (maybe)
- Some strips of inner tube