Note: Although not essential, it is helpful to be familiar with basic building tools such as wrenches and a power drill, both of which are necessary to constructing this rack. If you have never used a power drill, it may be helpful to read an article on how to use a power drill (such as ehow.com/how_12062_power-drill.html) before continuing.
Step 1: Gather Materials
(1) bicycle wheel, cleaned to remove grease and dirt, with axle and tube removed.
(1) 7" x 3/8" carriage bolt
(2) 3/8" jam nuts
(1) 3/8" coupling nut
(1) 3/8" threaded hanger bolt with half metal threads and half wood threads
(2) 3/8" washers
(5) 3" S-hooks
In addition to these parts, you will need these tools to install the rack:
1. Power drill
2. Two adjustable crescent wrenches
Other helpful tools:
1. Paper towels and cleanser to clean the bicycle wheel.
2. Newspaper to cover your workspace and protect floors from dirt, grease, and drywall pieces.
3. Stud finder