The materials for this project are quite simple and dirt cheap. Chances are, you probably have all or most of them already. If not, maybe you should.
1. VINES - Obviously, you need vines/twigs to build this lamp. I pulled mine off of the fence in my back yard. It doesn't matter what kind of vine or twig you choose really. It just needs to be bendable but not flimsy. If you can't form it into at least a half circle then you can't use it.
2. LAMP CORD AND SOCKET - You can either take apart that old lamp you aren't using, or find one at your local thrift store. I got the pieces I'm using from a lamp at Goodwill for 50 cent. <-- "Like a fat kid loves cake"
3. SCREWDRIVER - Just for wiring up the lamp. It's very simple, but here's a pretty good tutorial on doing that
4. Twine/String/Rope/Wire - Any will work. It's your prerogative.
5. Scissors/Wire Cutters - Depending on what you choose for #4
6. Light Bulb - It would be weird without one. I would recommend an energy efficient bulb since we're batting for the green team here.