Step 1: Stuff needed
The main items used are:
1. Ardweeny - a small Arduino compatible Microcontroller from Solarbotics .. This is inexpensive but you are required to solder the pieces to the included PCB.
2. A small hobby servo - I used a Futaba GWS03n
3. an IR sensor - I used a Sharp GP2Y0A -
4. you will need the cable that goes to the sensor also
5. 8 Leds
6. 74HC595 shift register to do the LED chasing.
7. 7805 voltage regulator
8. AC adapter to provide the 9 volt current required
9. A big egg(and some smaller ones) - from the Hobby Lobby.
1. hot glue
2. some decorative items - the ears,eyes from a hobby shop or a toy store
3. wire, soldering iron