Introduction: Easy Big Moon Photography
Hello everyone.. here we are not clicking big moon and our landscape in one frame, but we will be clicking both separately and then merging them together in photoshop to get the desired effect..And If u r new to photoshop, dnt get afraid, it is a very simple and detailed explanation about how to do so.
Good photography of moon,, few important tips and tricks..
First of all I would like you to know some important points for good photography of the moon..
1. Choose a suitable lens, which is 200mm or larger.
2. You probably already know that the best times for outdoor photography are the early morning and twilight hours, known as the golden hour. The same applies to photographing the moon. You want to catch the moon as it is rising above the horizon. That’s when you can frame it with other elements in the image like buildings, mountains, and clouds.
3. It is important to keep the camera as still as possible for a moon shot. A tripod is ideal, especially with the long focal length of the lens. However, if you're out walking at night and haven't managed to take along a tripod, rest on a rock, fence, car, etc. for stability.
4. Exposure time should be short and it's usually best to photograph the full moon.
5. Take more photos.Review if possible. If you have a digital camera with a clear screen of each shot, try to see which ones have worked best after you take them.
6. Good moon photography isn't just about the settings. It's also about focusing on the angles, the different times of night, or incorporating landscape features.
The moon is a wonderful object to photograph. Try it at your place tonight!
basic operation of camera
2) Computer with photoshop installed
3) Some Creativity and the most important thing
4) Instructables ;)
1. First, take a photo with the moon properly exposed with the rest of the image black and a night landscape photograph. Now after getting a good shot of Moon and a clean landscape of Night City, open both the images in your Photoshop.
Step 1: My Moon Image Captured With Nikon L110
This is image i will be using in this tutorial.
Step 2: Quick Selection Tool
Open moon picture and click on 4th option from top available on left side panel Quick selection tool (located in the corner of the box).
Step 3: Select Moon
After taking Quick Selection tool you have to click on moon and drag your mouse while holding left click to select complete moon
if you selected extra part you can hold ALT button + click or drag mouse to unselect unwanted part.
Step 4: Create New Layer
You can create new duplicate layer from right bottom corner Layer panel
you have to look for background layer then right click on background and select duplicate layer
then a popup will appear click OK button
Step 5: Refine Selection Edges
Now click Refine Edge button on top below top menu
Step 6: Edge Refinement
then you have to adjust edges of moon by dragging Radius, Smooth, Feather, Contrast
do not change shift edge it will broaden moons edges with black outline
Then click OK
Step 7: Copy Moon Selection
To copy moon selected area
press CTRL+C or EDIT Menu >> Copy
Step 8: Open City Image
Open second image where you have to add big moon
by dragging or
File >> Open >> Select Image >> open
Step 9: Paste Moon
Now paste Moon by CTRL + V or Edit >> Paste
if moon size is too lage or small then press Ctrl + T to get free Transformation Tool and edit by dragging sides.
Tip: continue pressing the "shift " key to keep the proportions of moon constant, while dragging it(or changing its size)
Step 10: Final Result
This is our final result of complete editing.