We no need to connect our phone to this device because the mp3 player plays easily anything.
The speaker's imdependense is 8 ohms that would ensure a very cool music experience while cycling.
I really like to ride a bike and I go almost everywhere with my bike, but I like to listen to music too. So I just combined these two things together and created this DIY portable mp3 player. Now let see what you'll need for this!
Step 1: Parts and Tools
• Soldering iron
• Rotary tool
• Glue Gun
• Cutting and Crafting tools
1. a plastic box
2. USB cable
3. 8 ohm Speaker
5. a mp3 player-You can buy fake iPods like this here. You'll need to take out the mp3 player circuit. Follow the images and remove the battery because we no need this low capacity.
6. 1000mAh phone battery
7. LM386 audio amplfier chip
8. 470uF capacitor
That's all. This is a mono speaker device but you can add one more speaker if you make two amplifier circuits. Put the small battery away for another project.
Step 2: Heat Up Your Soldering Iron!
1. Follow the circuit diagramm and build the circuit. First make the audio amplifier circuit with the LM386 chip and with the 470uF capacitor.
2. Then add the battery wtih a switch.
3. Now you'll need to search the audio output pins on the mp3 player. Solder these to the ampifier chip's input pins, just like on the diagramm.
4. Add the speaker
5. Clean the USB cable's end.
6. And finally solder the USB cable to the battery.
This battery can't be overcharged, but please use a charging circuit. I used some heat shrink tube,but this isn't so important.