At home I always hang my bike on the garage wall with couple of hooks. I had a couple of them to spare. And I transport my bike with a trunk mounted bike rack. These are the components I've used in this instructable.
- 2 bike hanging hooks (like these)
- 1 Trunk mounted bike rack like this
Step 1: Steps to build
- Drill a couple of holes (slightly smaller in diameter to the hooks) in a sturdy part of the wall (maybe studs), just enough apart that the hooks can still hold the bike rack. Make sure they are high enough (say, slightly above eye level) from the floor, so the bike is at a comfortable working level and with sufficient clearance.
- Screw the bike hooks into the holes, and end them facing up (duh)
- Now mount your bike rack with top arm in the hooks, and the bottom arm supported by the wall itself.
- Load your bike (as you would to transport it in your car), and work away.