*I very much suggest to read my how to sew bike tubes/vinyl instructable before you make this!
What you'll need to make a Female Style Wallet:
-Old bike tubes (26" or 29" are the widest. just ask for these at most any bike shop).
-Vinyl (I use old billboards. I called up Next Media and they gave me a few free ones).
-Lube (I used cooking oil because it's cheap, biodegradable, wipes off easy, and leaves a shiny coat).
-Most any sewing machine with a leather/denim needle and adjustable tension.
-Hot glue gun for tacking tube in place before sewing (optional, but makes it way easier/quicker. you can use clamps/safety pins too.)
For more things you can make out of bike tubes/vinyl check out my other instructables:
The Wallet - Male
The Side Bag/Purse
The Messenger Bag (INSTRUCTIONS COMING SOON)
Step 1: Create the Base
1) Cut and sew together a sheet of bike tubes at about 9x10"
2) Cut a sheet of vinyl 1/4-1/2" shorter on each side
Step 2: Money Pockets
1) Cut a single bike tube to as long as your vinyl by about 3 1/2-4"
2) Cut a piece of vinyl to the same size as your bike tube pocket with the long side about 1/4-1/2" shorter.
3) Line the 3 sides of the vinyl to be flush with the bike tube with the excess of the bike tube sticking off one side.
4) Fold excess bike tube over vinyl - tack, lube, sew.
5) Make two of these.