Step 5: How to Embroider Smile
1. Find the outside corners of the stitches 2 rounds below each eye. These are marked in red.
2. Using your tapestry needle and black embroidery thread, thread through from the right red point to the left red point.
3. Pull thread through. Make sure to leave a long tail on the right. Poke needle back into the right point.
4. Bring needle through the outside of the stitch closest to the left point. Make sure that the needle goes only half way up the edge.
5. Pull the needle and thread through, and place the needle back into the left point.
6. Poke the needle any where in the back or side of your work. Tie a knot as close to your work as possible.
7. Cut the tail off making sure not to cut off the knot. Stuff into the work.
8. Thread the tail that is connected to the right point through the eye of your tapestry needle. Poke the needle on the outside of the stitch closest to the right point.
Repeat steps 6 and 7.