Step 4: Teardown (Reduce)
1. Remove the paper trays, envelope feeder or anything that just slides out.
2. Remove the toner as instructed on the printer. Put this in the plastic bag. You'll be able to trade this in for a new one or take it to a printer shop to recycle properly.
3. Remove the fuser. This is a little harder because it has release clips. My fuser went into the DTID box because surely there must be something useful in there :)
4. Remove the duplexer (or anything else that just slides out). The duplexer has an interesting electric clutch on it - DTID box.
5. Loosen any visible screws on the covers.
6. Unclip the covers. Be careful not to break the clips.
7. Remove the electronics. Most cables have plugs and the boards either slide in or have screws holding them to the chassis. Don't force anything. If it doesn't slip out, then you've missed a screw or a clip somewhere.
Oooh... Lots of stuff for the DTID box here...