In the spirit of the upcoming release of Iron Man 3, we've decided to teach you how to build some killer Stark Industries tech to show off while camping out at the front of the line of the midnight show.
This Instructable will teach you how to build a Repulsor that uses one of our third-generation Muscle Sensors to give you that truly immersive and realistic feel.
I AM IRON MAN!
Simply flex your forearm muscle and hear the repulsor charge up, then relax your forearm to fire (lighting up the LEDs on your palm and playing explosion sound effects). As an added flair for realism, when you turn on the system, J.A.R.V.I.S.'s voice takes you through the boot up and calibration sequence.
About Advancer Technologies
Advancer Technologies is a company devoted to developing innovative game-changing biomechatronic technologies and applied sciences. Additionally, Advancer Technologies promotes all forms of interest and learning into biomechatronic technologies. To help cultivate and educate future great minds and concepts in the field, they frequently post informative instructions on some of their technologies. For more information, please visit www.AdvancerTechnologies.com.
Step 1: Gather the Materials
- (1) Advancer Technologies Muscle Sensor (Note: v3 sensor comes with cables)
- (1) LED Tap Light
- (1) set of Gloves
- (1) +5V Fixed Voltage Regulator
- (1) Arduino MCU (Note: Uno is used in these instructions)
- (1) Adafruit Wave Shield (make sure to get the stackable headers)
- (1) Adafruit Proto Shield
- (1) SD Card
- (1) Small Speaker
- (2) 9V Battery
(for the conductive fabric electrode sleeve)
- (1) Underarmer Sleeve
- (1) Stretch Conductive Fabric (sample size will due)
- (1) package of Button Snaps (should have at least 3 sets)
- Needle and Thread
- (1) bag of EMG Electrodes
You will need the following tools:
- Soldering Iron
- Hot Glue Gun