Here i have picked out a 375 mL Bombay Sapphire bottle of dry gin from the LCBO. Remove all labels from your chosen bottle. It is naturally tinted blue which saves me a step, but if yours is not, i will tell you how to tint it to make it a different colour. Then put the clay octopus base on the sides.
Tint Clear Glass
- Cover your work space with newspaper.
- Thoroughly clean the bottle of choice and remove all labels. Make sure it is completely dry before starting.
- You will need lots of food coloring in blue, or any colour of choice.
- Pour 3 parts Mod Podge and 1 part water into a pour-able measuring cup. Gradually add food coloring until you obtain a deep colour. Mix well.
- Pour a small amount of mix into the bottle and swirl around the sides. Cover the entire area on the inside of the bottle.
- Cover a paper plate with aluminum foil and place the bottle on it upside down. Wait a few minutes for the bottle to drain before flipping it over to rest upright.
- Let stand for around an hour.
- Put the bottle in the oven at the lowest possible temperature and bake for apprx. 20 minutes, or until the bottle is dry and transparent.
- Be careful when removing the gummy parts that may form.