Introduction: Birthday Cake Rice Crispy
It's your Birthday!! Happy Birthday!! If your looking for a fun twist on a birthday cake, or just a yummy snack, you should try these crispy treats. They are a fun spin on both Rice Crispy Treats and Birthday Cake! The "funfetti" look followed by the cake slice shape adds flavor and fun to this rather classic treat! It's really easy to make and requires only a few minutes of preparation time.
- 1-8 in round cake pan
- plastic wrap
- cooking spray
- 4 cups crispy rice cereal
- 2 cups Fruity Pebbles cereal
- 1/2 cup (1 stick) butter
- 1bgag (aprox. 10oz) marshmallows
- 1 cup white chocolate chips
- 2Tbs milk
- rainbow sprinkles
Step 1: Prep the Pan
- Using 2 sheets of plastic wrap, line the inside of the cake pan and press it along the bottom and edges.
- spray the bottom and sides of the coated pan with a liberal amount of cooking spray and set the pan aside.
Step 2: Make the Crispys
- Mix the two cereals together in a medium bowl to evenly distribute the colorful flakes.
- In a large bowl, melt one stick of butter (1/2 cup) in the microwave for 1 minute. It should be mostly melted at this point.
- Add the marshmallows and microwave for another 2 minutes or until the marshmallows have nearly tripled in size.
- Mix the butter and marshmallow together quickly and add the cereal.
- Mix the mixture until the cereal is evenly coated.
- Pour the mixture into the prepared cake pan and press it down with a spoon.
- Slightly dampen your hands and firmly press the crispy down and along the sides to make a flat solid surface then set aside.
Step 3: White Chocolate Ganache
- Pour the the chocolate chips and milk into a small bowl.
- Microwave the chips for 30 seconds; stir the chip mixture around.
- Continue melting the chocolate in 30-second intervals until the chocolate is a sooth sauce. It took me about 2 minutes, but microwave times will vary.
- Once fully melted, pour the ganache on the center of your crispy treat cake. Carefully spread the chocolate to the edges. Tap it on the counter a few times to evenly distribute the chocolate.
Step 4: Final Touches
- Add sprinkles on top of the ganache.
- Put it in the fridge (for about an hour) or the freezer (about half hour) to set the chocolate topping.
- Gently lift the crispy out of the pan using the plastic wrap.
- Peal down the sides of the plastic wrap and slice into cake pieces.
- Finish the slice with a candle, and a good luck wish! P.S. it doesn't have to be your Birthday to make a wish!
We have a be nice policy.
Please be positive and constructive.