The Bixler 2 from HobbyKing.com is one of the best kits for incoming r/c airplane hobbyist. This plane is great because it is a strong durable airframe that will grow with you. From first flight to fpv, this plane is ready to handle it all. The aspects that attracted me to this plane were the fact that I would be able to build my plane, large payload capability (GoPro, 3DR sensor package, etc.), carbon fiber reenforced wing and fuselage, side plates, and optional flaps. This Instructable will guide you from start to finish of the HobbyKing Bixler 2 (Kit) with tips that I have learned.
Kit Additional Purchases (Recommended):
- Radio(6+ Channel): Spektrum DX6i with receiver
- Battery Charger: Primal Radient Charger
- Servos(9 gram x 6): 4 x JR 9g servos
- Battery(Li-Po 11.1V 1800-2200 mah 15C): E-Flight 3S 11.1V 2100mAh
- Speed Controller(20A x 1): E-Flight 20-Amp ESC
- Motor (KV1300 x 1): Replacement Bixler 2 Motor
- Servo Extensions: JR heavy duty 24"
- Solder Equipment for my Charger and ESC connections
- 3M Outdoor 10lbs Mounting Tape
AVF Additional Purchases:
- Everything but Motor and Servos