Prep Time - 10 minutes
Cook Time - 15 minutes
Servings 4 - easy to scale
- 1 can of black beans, drained and rinsed
- 1 cup of chopped peppers & onions -variety of colored peppers and onions
- 1 cup of chopped fresh spinach
- salt, pepper, garlic powder to taste
- 2 cups of Trader Joe's Basmati Rice Medley or Rice of any choice you want, prepare according to package. I use vegetable stock instead of water to give it more flavor and usually skip the butter/oil.
In saute pan, add 1/4 cup of vegetable stock to saute vegetables. (you can also use vegan butter or oil)
Add chopped peppers, onions, black beans, and chopped spinach, and spices saute for about 5 minutes.
When rice is ready, spoon each serving of rice on a plate and making a hole in the middle moving the rice to the outside ring of the plate. Fill middle with sauteed vegetables and serve. Enjoy!