Step 1: Pie Crust
- 2 cups flour
- 1 Tablespoon salt
- 3/4 Stick of chilled Crisco shortening
- 4-8 tablespoons cold water
2. Slice shortening into flour mixture until a crumbly texture is achieved.
3. Sprinkle water over mixture evenly until doughy consistency.
4. Roll slightly more than half the dough between two pieces of waxed paper and mold into 9" pie dish.
5. Roll remainder of dough into a roughly 10" rectangle. We opted to ditch the classic weaved-top of the pie for a more uniform but easier flat domed top. Set aside for now.
Step 2: Prepare the Filling and Unbaked Pie
- 1 1/2 Cups blackberries
- 1 Cup blueberries
- 4 Cups peeled sliced peaches
- 3/4 Cups sugar
- 1/4 Cup flour
- 2 Tablespoons butter
2. Chop butter into small pieces and place evenly over filling.
3. Take the crust that you set aside earlier and place it over the pie dish. Trim sides with approx. 1/2" overhang. Take knife and cut small sits in top of crust
4. Crimp edge of crust with fork or pinch with fingers.
Step 3: Bake and Enjoy!
Serve warm with ice cream.