Step 1: Pie crust
- 2 cups flour
- 1 Tablespoon salt
- 3/4 Stick of chilled Crisco shortening
- 4-8 tablespoons cold water
2. Slice shortening into flour mixture until a crumbly texture is achieved.
3. Sprinkle water over mixture evenly until doughy consistency.
4. Roll slightly more than half the dough between two pieces of waxed paper and mold into 9" pie dish.
5. Roll remainder of dough into a roughly 10" rectangle. We opted to ditch the classic weaved-top of the pie for a more uniform but easier flat domed top. Set aside for now.