In this Instructable I'll show you how to add an alternate power input to your BlackBox, so your batteries don't go empty as quick.
With this add-on, you can take a wall adapter belonging to a battery charger or a cell-phone charger and use it to power your BlackBox. The wall-adapter must have a DC jack like the one in picture #2 .
Step 1: Only a Few Parts Needed:
- a DPDT (double poll double throw) toggle switch
- a 2.1mm or 2.5mm female DC jack (depending on what size the male DC jack your wall adapter has)
- female and male header pins (recommended)
Step 2: Add the DC Jack
I added female header connections to the DC jack.
I didn't do my insulation nicely... I bet you can do it better.
Step 3: Adding the Switch
Step 4: Rewiring
- Look at your switches, you should see something like in pictures 1&2 (pic #2 is a simplification of the schematic)
- Now desolder and solder your wires to the new switch so you get something that resembles pictures 3&4 (pic #4 will be easier to understand).
Step 5: Reconnect Everything
Step 6: Finished!
Don't forget to only plug in voltages that your amp can handle (The voltage output of your wall adapter can normally be found on the back of it).
Please rate, comment and have fun!