I hope you try this gown out if you're tempted to have something like this for your baby's blessing or christening occasion. I was self taught with how to crochet bedspread thread, and I know you can be taught how to do this too!
Step 1: Material List & Thread Rant
- DMC Cébélia white bedspread weight cotton thread, size 10, 9-10 balls (282 yards/ball) with the same dye lot #
- steel crochet hook size 6
- 1/8" ribbon (5 yards)
- 3/8" buttons (3)
- pineapple christening set pattern, newborn size, altering the sleeves and booties (instructions to follow)
- Instructions are easy to dissect and follow
- Pattern is cha-eep ($5)
- Downloadable e pattern: I can get started right away and save a copy to my hard drive
- Easy to alter: I was able to alter the pattern on the sleeves & booties to be more modern and not so 1800's.