This mask is based on the Blighted Beak Mask from TF2, but is good for any Plague Doctor costume.
Here’s what you’ll need:
- Leather (Varying thicknesses. Don’t know the technical measurements, so check the pics. Used a somewhat thick stuff for most of the mask, then a little bit of thin material for ze “goggles”)
- Leather shears or just some strong scissors
- Leather hole punch
- a “gold” buckle (mine was probably smaller than what’s in the game version, so size is up to you)
- Clear acrylic plastic (I bought a cheap acrylic frame from michael’s)
- Acrylic paint: White and burnt umber(or whatever sort of brown strikes your fancy)
- Strong glue of your choosing(I use E-6000)
Step 1: Main Piece
Trace onto thicker leather. Cut out. Soak in water and shape it into the correct shape. Use your face to get it right. The beak can take a while. Just keep at it.
Try to keep the eye holes as circular as possible. They tend to get deformed at this stage.
Let dry until hard. Paint white. I did a light wash of burnt umber to give it an aged look. Paint tip of beak with burnt umber like sooo.