Introduction: Blinking a LED With Raspberry Pi
Today i am going to post how to blink a led with raspberry pi. Blinking a LED is a beginner task and simple task.
- Raspberry pi.
- 2 Male to female connectors.
- A 330 omh resistance.
- A LED.
- A breadboard.
Step 1: Procedure
Here is pin diagram of Raspberry pi 2.
- Connect 11th pin to one end of resistance.
- Connect ground pin to -ev pin of LED.
- Now connect remaining end of resistance to +ev of LED.
- Now turn on Raspberry pi.
- open text editor and paste following program into it.
Step 2: Programming
import GPIO.RPi as GPIO ##import GPIO library
GPIO.setmode(GPIO.BOARD) ##use board pin numbering
GPIO.setup(11,GPIO.OUT) ##set 11th pin as output pin
GPIO.output(11,1) ## Turn on led
time.sleep(1) ## 1 second delay
GPIO.output(11,0) ## Turn off led
Step 3: Finalize
- Save above program as blink.py.
- Now run above program as root user and you will see blinking led.
We have a be nice policy.
Please be positive and constructive.