This all started with electronic recycling day, and someone turned in an old set of speakers.
Somewhere on line I had seen someone who had added speakers to an old upright bass, creating an amazing work of art.
From there I started looking for an upright bass, but instead found a musty old plywood cello.
Here are the materials:
Old set of speakers with crossovers
Beat up student cello
Bluetooth 100watt amp
Speaker mounting foam tape
Drill and bits
So here are the speakers, an old set of Marantz. The front panels were shredded by a cat and they sounded kind of weak. The speakers were built out of particle board so I figured I would salvage the parts. Upon inspection, one of the mid range speakers was ripped.
I ordered up a set of mid-range Dayton's from Parts-Express.com, while I was there I picked up some 5.25" Woofers as well, since the cello didn't have space for a 10" woofer.
At this point I thought the project would be passive.