Step 1: Parts List
These are the parts you need:
- Makeblock Orion microcontroller
- Makeblock BLE Module for Orion
- Extra Motor Module for Orion
- A 5v mini-solenoid
- A nerf Stryfe blaster
- 12 hole beam
- 5 hole beam (2)
- Various screws and nuts
- Mini Breadboard
Step 2: Prep the Nerf Gun
This part is fairly straightforward. Unscrew all the screws holding the shells of the Stryfe blaster together. Once you have done that, you should see a circuit board with a disc poking out of it (which is called a capacitor). It should have a few wires coming out leading up to the dart launcher. This small circuit regulates the flow of electricity to the launcher. Cut the wires of that circuit. Once you have done that, take out the dart launcher. You can keep the remains of the blaster if you want, but you won't need it. Time to assemble the launcher.
Step 3: Assembling the Launcher
- Get out the 12 hole and the two 5 five hole beams. Count 8 holes up on the 12 hole beams and attach the 5 hole beams.
- Zip tie the solenoid towards the front of the five hole beam stack.
- Zip tie the nerf launcher within a 1/4 inch of the length of a nerf dart away from the solenoid.
- Set up the Orion and the modules by wiring the ble module to port 5 and the motor module to ports 1 and 2. After that, wire the solenoid and the launcher to the makeblock motor module as shown in the image.
- That's it assembly wise, so now it's time for mods!