Look at the video, then you see what you get here.
Against the hype of Android and Arduino my project is based on Windows Phone 8 and a microcontroller from Texas Instruments.
I have nothing against a fringe group, and I'm so happy about this :-)
Should you find any errors, feel free to correct me!
I've upload the new Version to the Windows Store. It's called: Spektrum
also i've uploaded the µC Code, please use spektrum.ino in step 6
Step 1: Accessories required
For this project you will need:
1. Windows Phone 8 or 8.1 (Mine is a Samsung Ativ-S with WP8.1 Preview for Developers installed)
2. Texas Instruments Launchpad MSP430G2553 V1.5 (ordered cheap & directly from TI)
3. Wireless Serial 4 Pin Bluetooth RF Transceiver Module HC-06 RS232 with backplane (from ebay.cn)
4. some arduino breadboard wires
5. some WS2811 LEDs on strip, i used 10 LEDs for development
6. some Software, you can download it for free (explained later)
7. A Hyper-V capable Computer (Intel Core i3 or higher)
Otherwise the Windows Phone emulators does not work.
Debuggin or developing directly on the device is still possible!
Step 2: Windows Phone SDK 8.0 + Coding4FunToolkit
I use Microsoft Visual Studio Express 2012 because the newest version does not yet support the Coding4Fun Toolkit.
After the software has been installed, a manual update for the nuget package manager must be done.
The Color Picker used in my App is from Coding4Fun, more info here:
Install it as follows:
Note: Nuget packages must be added separately for each project, open the Menu 'Tools' / 'Nuget Package Manager' / 'Manage Nuget Packages for Solution and search for "coding4fun".
In the search results select: "Coding4Fun Toolkit - Controls" and click 'Install'
If everything was successful, the solution explorer shows the corresponding entries for this solution.
Here I had to conclude that it still did not work with Visual Studio 2013.
Step 3: Register your phone for development for Windows Phone 8
The outstanding article from Microsoft is nothing to add:
register your phone for development