Introduction: Bob the Robot - Arduino Robot Framework
Hello there fellow makers!
I've been looking for a nice robot framework and I've tried out many of these ... eventually (like most programmers do ) I've decided that I should develop my own robot framework!
So What it is so special about 'Bob The Robot' ?
- It uses two Ultrasonic Sensors so your robot can respond faster
- It uses a pair of geared n20 motors ( I use 1:100 reduction ) so you can get some power and nice speed
- Wheels, Frame and robot body can be 3D printed
- It's cheap!
This robots is part of my robot swarm project, so you can build more than one :)
Step 1: 3D Printing and Assembly
To build a Bob you'll need :
- 3D print the frame, wheels and some more parts which can be found here http://www.thingiverse.com/thing:1409401
- m3 screws (10mm should be fine) and nuts
- 2x 60mm x 3.5mm Mechanical Nitrile Rubber O Ring Oil Seal W6 ( for tires )
- Brass Knurl Nuts M3*4mm (used for the m3 screws)
You'll also need the following parts for electronics :
- Arduino nano
- Arduino nano sensor shield
- Mini L293D Motor Shield
- 2x Ultrasonic HC-SR04 Sensor
- 2x n20 100RPM Mini Metal Gear Motor
- Battery to power the whole thing, I’ve used Wild Scorpion 7.4V 1100mAh due to its compact size
- Mini 2 Pin SPST ON-OFF Switch 8.5x13.5MM ( can be found on ebay)
- Some wires to connect the modules (mostly female-to-female )
Step 2: Run It!
Now you'll have to connect all the parts together and write some code, I'll post some code samples soon, so stay tuned!