Introduction: Boeuf Bourguignon (Modern Fusion)
This dish makes a few tweaks to the traditional recette with flavors of tereyaki to form a unique specialité.
Step 1: Ingredients
For the meat, we will be using a one-pound bone-in beef shank.
For accompanying vegetables:
4 sun-dried shiitage (if you use fresh mushrooms, sautee them with butter separately),
4 sun-dried cremini
Seasoning and for the sauce:
butter (in the sauce),
olive oil (to poiler the vegetable),
white cooking wine (Mirin was used here, other soft flavored wines can be used)
red wine (La Clape was used here which has a very strong earthy fragrance)
Step 2: Preparation
- Soften the beef either by hand or with a tenderizer;
- Marinate with honey and mirin in fridge for 15 minutes;
- In the mean time, cut all vegetables in to inch chunks place tomatoes separately from other veggies.
Step 3: Browning
- Melt butter in the pan that you will be braising with;
- On high heat, give all sides of the beef a nice browning;
- Remove the meat from pan after, keep pan on range.
Step 4: Braising
- Deglaze with a cup of red wine
- Mix some flour with a cup of water and add to the same pan;
- Add the meat back to the pan, adjust water level accordingly;
- Add in the spices, turn to low simmer after bring sauce to a boil.
Step 5: Vegetable Sautée
In another pan:
- heat up olive oil
- Add chopped potato, carrots, onion, and mushrooms
- stir and cook until onions are well done.
Step 6: Finishing Up
Add vegetables and tomatoes to the braising pan;
high heat to bring to boil, then turn to simmer;
add more honey if desired;
Cover pan with lid and stew for 45 minutes;
reduce the sauce by adding small amounts of flour, and cook with lid open if desired (can also keep the sauce thin instead).
Serve in deep dish.
We have a be nice policy.
Please be positive and constructive.