Step 1: Supplies
- Mod Podge
- Tacky glue
- 1" circle punch (or any size you prefer)
- book that's in bad shape that you don't mind cutting up
- scrap paper to use as a place mat
- paper clips
Supplies for turning the beads into earrings:
- large needle or safety pin
- flat nose pliers
- round nose pliers
- broken disco ball ornament/ gems/ sequins (anything to add a little bling to your beads- 12 pieces)
- small beads (I used 48 square 3/16" beads; 6 of each color)
- large beads (I used 8 cube 1/4" beads; 2 of each color)
- 2 earring hooks
- 6- 3/4" flat head pins
- 10- 3/4" jump rings (smaller would work too)
- 2- 3/4" eye pins
- 6- 2" eye pins
Step 2: Mod Podge Pages Together
- Find a good looking page in your old book- I used Slaughterhouse Five by Kurt Vonnegut- it is missing pages and in pretty bad shape so it is perfect to craft with.
- Brush on a thin but consistent coat of Mod Podge on both sides (left and right) of your book so that you have covered 2 pages entirely.
- Sandwich those 2 pages together and smooth it out.
- Let dry in front of a fan or in the sun.
- Once dry, flip over the Mod Podged pages that are now glued together and do the same thing again so that you have 3 or 4 pages all Mod Podged together.
- Make sure they totally dry before continuing.
Step 3: Punch Circles
- Using a 1” (or any size) circle cutter, punch 12 circles out of your dried Mod Podged page. Select areas that have words that catch your eye.