Edit: Holy crap! 50k views and 500 favorites? You guys must love book safes and/or hate Twilight! Thanks, everyone!
Step 1: Materials and tools
- A knife or razor. You'll need this for various trimming and cutting jobs.
- Glue. You could probably get by with just white glue, but I used three different kinds.
- A brush for applying glue. Try using something you're willing to toss, not your nice painting brush
- (optional) A bandsaw. This makes cutting out the hollow much easier.
- (optional) Lining material. I used leftover art paper, but fabric and other such materials will work too.
- Weight. Anything will do, so long as it holds things down during gluing.
Step 2: Acquire a book
Step 3: Remove the cover
Step 4: Glue the edges
Step 5: Cut the pocket
In either case, a wall thickness of about 1/2 inch should be enough.
As usual, be sure to leave the blade guard no more than 1/4 inch above your material. Safety First!