This cake is a takeoff of the traditional baseball mitt and ball! SO easy and so fun!
Step 1: Assemble Your Ingredients
• 1 – 18.25 oz pkg yellow cake mix
• 1- 1 oz pkg instant pudding and pie filling
• 3 large eggs
• 1/3 cup vegetable oil
• 1 1/3 cups water
• Red candy icing in a tube
Step 2: Assemble Your Tools
Step 3: Make the Baseballs
2. Fill the bowl with softened ice cream. Cover and freeze until needed.
>>>>>You may decide to make several as most children can eat 1/2 a baseball if they love ice cream! Just freeze for 20 minutes until the round shape is intact and reuse bowl !
Step 4: Make Cake
4. Combine cake mix, pudding, water, eggs and oil in large mixing bowl. Beat at medium speed with electric mixer for 2 minutes. Pour into prepared pan.
5. Bake 28-34 minutes or until toothpick inserted in center comes out clean. Remove from pan and cool completely.
Step 5: Shape Cake
7. Make red stitching marks on ball. ( do other balls and place in bowl) using the red frosting tube.
8. Place on platter to serve!
Step 6: Let's Eat!
Step 7: End Notes
Little boys may prefer a gold cake made with butterscotch or chocolate pudding which will give a similar color for the mitt! Enjoy!! Men may prefer a rich spice cake and cheesecake pudding. The pan is easily found - I got mine used. It yields a large box mix cake which is perfect. What I also love is that the cake stands alone without dealing with frosting it. ENJOY!