Update October 10th: I made a 2.0 version of the BraceLED. It's just as cool as this BraceLED, but with a different look & feel, and it fixes some minor problems. Please check it out here.
This bracelet is only an example to show how to get led's into a wearable fashion-item. In the same way, you can make belts, patches, or anything you want. So make your Halloween-costumes blink!
Here comes a video...
Step 1: Tools and stuff you need
- Ducttape in a color of your choice
- 6-10 LEDs (5 mm). Pick your color
- 2 strips of Aluminium-foil, 30 x 5 cm
1 Button shaped battery. Bigger is better (in this particular case).
I used a Duracell 2032 Lithium cell. Costs around €1,80 / US$ 2,20
- 1 Super magnet (neodymium). I used a cube 5x5x5 mm, but a disc-model works just as well. Europeans: shop at www.supermagnete.de
- Two pieces of iron wire, 0.5 mm thick
Tools you need:
- X-acto knife
- Pliers with a small tip
- Strip of paper to take the measure of a wrist