A cake scramble is a supper easy, quick, no oven required, sweet desert. It's amazing for camping when you only have a camp stove or for at home when you just need cake NOW and absolutely cannot wait for it to bake in the oven!
Because it's almost Halloween, I thought it would be fun to add a bit of food coloring and make it look a bit like BRAINS! It already has the shape naturally. So whip up some Brian Scramble and make sure to pretend to be a zombie while baking! UUUHHHHH BRAINS!!!
Step 1: Gather the Ingredients
- Cake Mix (if you plan to color it get white cake)
- All the ingredients that the cake mix says (Usually:)
- Mixing Bowl (if you wanted to you could mix in the pan and save time on clean up)
- Mixer (or a tool to mix by hand)
- Frying Pan (Non-stick makes clean up easier!)
Step 2: Mix the Cake Batter
Put the ingredients that the back of the box calls for in a bowl with the cake mix and mix it up until its smooth!
Step 3: Add Some Color
Add the food coloring a little bit at a time, this stuff can be pretty strong and adding to much can throw off the moisture of the recipe, until desired color is reached.
Step 4: Cook That Cake!
- Put a little butter or oil in the pan
- Poor the batter in to the frying pan (I only put about half in at a time because my pan isn't very big)
- Turn on the stove on Medium
- Constantly stir/ move the batter around in the pan with the spatula. Just like you would when making scrambled eggs.
- Continue until the cake is no longer liquid. It will get thick but keep cooking until it looks like a scramble