The last thing I was smacking with this chunk of brass bar was a roofing hammer I was putting a new handle on. So I guess I have been in bit of a handling kick lately. But on this project I was doing it the hard way. I made the head fit the handle, not the traditional fit the handle to the head, like I have done so many times.
Anyhow this was all new to me and I didn't know how it was going to come out so I didn't start taking pictures of it right away. I wish I had a before picture of the piece of dirty old brass. I took a picture of the beat up ends so you'll just have to use your imagination.