Step 1: Necessary Ingredients and Supplies
Black Beans - 7 cups
Sausage - 1 Kielbasa or equivalent
Onion - 2 onions
Garlic - 3-4 cloves
Parsley - 1 Handful or as much as you desire
Large Pot for beans
Large frying pan
Stirrer & Ladle
Step 2: Getting Started!
2. Rinse the beans and fill the pot with fresh water until there is 2 inches of water above the beans.
More water should be added throughout the cooking process if the beans have absorbed the water.
3. Bring the beans to a boil
Note: White foam may rise up to the top of the pan. If this occurs just scoop it out and continue.
Step 3: Boil Until Soft!
2. Meanwhile, take out a large frying pan.
3. Chop 2 onions and begin to fry with olive oil or another cooking oil.
4. Chop up your sausage into thin discs and add them to the onions.
5. Press 3-4 garlic cloves into pan
6. Add some salt and pepper
7. Put 3 ladles of already soft beans into a food processor and blend.
Will it Blend? Yes!
Step 4: Finish Up Strong!
2. Cook for about 10 minutes.
3. Pour all of this in with the rest of the beans in the large pan
4. Bring to a light boil
5. Add chopped parsley and let cook for 15 minutes
6. Salt to taste
(Add water if it dries out)
(Notice I'm making white Rice as well! ;)
Step 5: Eat and Enjoy With Friends & Family
Put on some of your favorite hot sauce if your into that
Fresh orange slices or orange juice goes well with the meal because this helps absorb iron and other nutrients from the beans!
Source: My Brazilian Mother with love