Prep time: 5-10 minutes
Bake time: 15-20
Yields 12 muffins (one regular sized muffin tin)
Remember to always use your oven mitt when removing items from the oven.
Step 1: Gather your Tools
2. Muffin tin (yielding 12 muffins)
4. Measuring spoon (1 teaspoon)
5. Measuring cups (1 cup, 2/3 cup, and 1/3 cup)
6. Oven mitt
8. Paper towel
Step 2: Gather your Ingredients
- 1/3 cup Olive Oil
- 2/3 cup Milk
- 1 & 1/2 cups Tapioca Flour -- I used Bob's Red Mill Tapioca Flour, found in the international foods or gluten free section at HEB.
- 1/2 cup grated cheese
- 1 teaspoon salt
- Crisco (use only to grease the muffin tins)
...and that's my dog, Birdie, keeping me company in the kitchen!
Step 3: Mix the Ingredients
2. Throw all the ingredients (excluding the crisco) into your mixing bowl.
3. Stir with a whisk, until smooth.
Step 4: Grease the Muffin Tin with Crisco
2. Rub along the sides and bottom of each muffin tin.
Step 5: Pour Batter & Pop into Oven
2. Pop into the oven for about 15 to 20 minutes, until light and airy with slight golden edges -- 15 minutes worked perfectly for me.
3. With your oven mitt, carefully remove from oven.