Introduction: Brazilian Cheese Bread
This is a delicious and quick way to make cheese bread that will go along with any meal!
Prep time: 5-10 minutes
Bake time: 15-20
Yields 12 muffins (one regular sized muffin tin)
Remember to always use your oven mitt when removing items from the oven.
Step 1: Gather Your Tools
1. Medium sized bowl (for mixing)
2. Muffin tin (yielding 12 muffins)
4. Measuring spoon (1 teaspoon)
5. Measuring cups (1 cup, 2/3 cup, and 1/3 cup)
6. Oven mitt
8. Paper towel
Step 2: Gather Your Ingredients
- 1 Egg
- 1/3 cup Olive Oil
- 2/3 cup Milk
- 1 & 1/2 cups Tapioca Flour -- I used Bob's Red Mill Tapioca Flour, found in the international foods or gluten free section at HEB.
- 1/2 cup grated cheese
- 1 teaspoon salt
- Crisco (use only to grease the muffin tins)
...and that's my dog, Birdie, keeping me company in the kitchen!
Step 3: Mix the Ingredients
1. After making sure nothing is in your oven, turn it to 400 degrees -- this way, once you have completed all the steps, the oven will be at the right temperature to go ahead and pop in your muffins.
2. Throw all the ingredients (excluding the crisco) into your mixing bowl.
3. Stir with a whisk, until smooth.
Step 4: Grease the Muffin Tin With Crisco
1. Smudge a bit (about the size of a US quarter) of crisco onto your paper towel.
2. Rub along the sides and bottom of each muffin tin.
Step 5: Pour Batter & Pop Into Oven
1. Carefully pour the batter into the muffin tins. Each one should be about 1/2 to 2/3rd's full.
2. Pop into the oven for about 15 to 20 minutes, until light and airy with slight golden edges -- 15 minutes worked perfectly for me.
3. With youroven mitt, carefully remove from oven.
Step 6: Final Product
Voila! Should be a light color, airy and slightly brown around the edges.