You don't have to be a canine or a cannibal to enjoy eating bones, these baked bread bones are a tasty way to shake things up at your Halloween party! Bread bones are easy to make and can be topped with herbs and spices to suit all your ghoulish needs.
Here's what you need:
- 1 lb prepared bread dough
- grated parmesan
- Roll out bread dough to 1/4" thick.
- Using a pizza cutter or knife, cut 1" wide strips from the dough.
- Cut 1 1/2" slits into both ends of each strip of dough.
- Roll the cut ends into knobs that resemble the knobs of bones.
- Brush lightly with oil or melted butter.
- Sprinkle grated parmesan and salt on top.
- Bake at 350F for 10-20 minutes, depending on thickness of dough, until done.
Serve with marinara or a spicy "blood" sauce as a dreadful dipping option.