Introduction: Bread Ki Barfi
Bread ki Barfi with loads of carrots - Barfi is Indian dessert. Many varieties of barfis are available but bread barfi with carrots is a unique combination. An innovative Indian sweet...
Ingredients: Fresh Bread crumbs of 4 slices Sugar- 1 cup Desiccated coconut – 1 cup Grated Carrot – 1 cup Cashew nuts – a few Milk – 1 cup Desi ghee – 2 tsp
1. Grind all bread slices in a mixer jar or chopper. In bread crumb, add carrots and milk. Soak the mixture for 15 min.
2. Melt sugar in a kadai, add coconut and cook till it turns little brown. Add soaked bread carrot mixture. Keep moving the mixture with help of spatula to prevent sticking on the sides of the pan. Cook the mixture on medium flame till it completely dried up.
3. Add desi ghee to give nice flavour and glazing. Cook for another 10- 15 min till the mixture leaves the sides of the pan.
4. Take a greased flat plate spread the complete mixture while it is hot. Grease little desi ghee on top to give a nice sheen. Put cut marks as per desired shape of barfi. Stick cashew nuts on each pcs. Allow the barfi to come down to room temperature.
5. Place the barfi plate in refrigerator for setting for about 20 min.
6. Once set, cut barfi pcs and store in air tight container.