For a single serving, you'll need:
- 2 Eggs- beaten
- 1 link of Chorizo Sausage
- 1 cup Colby Jack Cheese- shredded
- 8-12 Tortilla Chips
- Canola Oil Spray
- Taco Seasoning
The Tortilla chips are specially seasoned to suit this dish. All you need is Oil Spray and Taco Seasoning. The easy-peasy recipe technique can be found right here: http://www.instructables.com/id/Herb-infused-Gourmet-Tortilla-Chips/
Cook your Chorizo according to the package. Johnsonville puts out a good product. It's mild but flavorful... and there are other ways to spice up this breakfast... (with Tabasco) if you're so inclined. When the Chorizo is fully cooked, allow it to cool then cut into slices.
Take your Taco-seasoned Tortilla Chips and layer them in a pie tin.
Next, scramble your huevos ("eggs" in Spanish.) to the doneness you like. Just remember that the eggs will also be cooking under the broiler, so scramble lighter than usual.
Preheat your oven to 400 degrees on Broil.
You're ready to build:
- Layer your taco-seasoned Tortilla Chips in a pie tin and sprinkle them with a little cheese
- Spoon the scrambled eggs into the center of the tin.
- Arrange the chorizo slices in a circle around the scrambled eggs.
- Sprinkle the remaining cheese over the eggs, chorizo and tortillas.
Remove from the broiler and slide them onto a serving plate.
Garnish with those beautiful fresh avocados, onions and tomatoes. Scatter with sliced black olives and add a dollop of sour cream.
This breakfast is hearty enough to serve for Dinner, too.