Step 1: Materials
1 medium cream or light brown towel (50cm x 100cm) for the shell
1 large white towel (100cm x 150cm) for the eggwhite
2 yellow washcloths (30cm x 30cm each) for the yolks
Sewing thread, I used cream for everything
1 white or cream zipper, 35cm
Step 2: Eggshell
Following this template, cut out three equal almond pieces (A, B and C). Towel fabric frays very easily, so it is best to seam the pieces with a zig-zag stitch all around.
Step 3: Assembling the Shell
Please consult the diagram - note that the naming of the three pieces is completely arbitrary, as they all start out identical.
- Pin one edge of B to C (these edges are blue), and pin the zip to the other edge of B (black in the diagram). Pin the other side of the zip to one side of A.
- Sew along these edges (blue seam, zipper on A, zipper on B)
- When closing the egg, you pin the other edge of A to the free edge of C (these are red in the diagram). Sew along the edge (red seam).
Step 4: Fried Eggs
- Cut out two circles of the yellow washcloths.
- Place them on the white beachtowel, each on one half, and slightly towards the corners (refer to diagram). Pin in place once you're happy with their position.
- Fold over the edge of the yolk to the bottom, and sew down this double layered edge. This will make it look neat, and keep the edge from fraying
- Round off the corners of the white beachtowel, and seam these edges (zig zag first, then fold over and sew down).
- Add a cleft between the two "eggs" by cutting out a small triangle in the middle of the long sides of the beachtowel. Seam the edge.