If your missing any of the tools that I use in the instructable, stop by Techshop and use our tools instead.
Step 1: Tools and Supplies
- Step-Drill bit - Should be able to drill up to a 3/4" hole. You could use another drill bit, but a step-drill bit will make the process much easier.
- Hammer and Chisel - You can use a flathead screw driver instead of a chisel if need be.
- Small Flathead Screwdriver - Just need a small wedge to pry off the retaining ring.
- Pliers/ Vice Grips - Need to be big enough to grab the interior part of the weldless fitting.
- Wrench - must be proper size for the exterior of the weldless fitting.
- Drill Bit - For creating a hole for plasma cutter to slide into. 1" worked for me.
- Hand Held Drill
- Drill Press - optional, could use the hand drill instead, but will be a little easier with a press.
- Angle Grinder and Flap disc
- Plasma Cutter
- Mig Welder - If you don't have one, something like J-B Weld should work.
- Keg - Craigslist is a good place to find these.
- Weldless Ball Valve Assembly - These are pretty easy to find at online brew stores. Here is a similar one to mine.
- Scrap Metal - For making the jig
- Safety Gear - welding gloves, safety glasses, welding helmet.
As a note, I did not take pictures of the first 4 steps (up to cutting out the top) as I was actually doing them. So the pictures seen are re-enactments, you may notice the blue masking tape holding the lid in place.