Step 1: Finalist / Runner Up!
How awesome is that!
Step 2: Supplies
- 1 pk. Frozen Broccoli or equivalent (1 lb.) in fresh
- 4 oz. Cheese Whiz or other type of cheese (I ended up using the whole jar of 15 oz. and it was a great choice.)
- 3/4 cup Margarine
- 1 pk. of Uncle Ben's white and wild rice
- 1 can Cream of Mushroom Soup
Optional Ingredients I chose to leave out:
- 1 med. chopped onion
- 1/4 cup Slivered almonds
- Dishes to make rice
- Casserole Dish or Dutch Oven + Cover
- Cutting Board and Knife (if fresh broccoli)
- Stovetop Pan big enough to hold cooked onion, broccoli, soup, and cheese (I used the Dutch Oven for this.)
Total cooking time will be the amount of time it takes to cook rice (half an hour for me) and baking time (half an hour): approximately 1 hour.
Step 3: Prepare Everything
While the rice is cooking, cut up the broccoli and set it aside (if using fresh). Also, when the rice is almost done, you can start cooking up the onion in the butter (if you are using it).