Pizza is a dish which everybody just loves and it is a perfect dish for almost every occasion or even for a simple snack bite in the evening. Recently, I have been introduced to Quinoa and I find it extremely healthy and I try to include it in most dishes especially those which I make for my daughter. In my last instructable for the Snack Contest, I had published the Prawn Masala Quinoa Pizza Bites. Today, for the Pizza Contest, I am publishing the Broccoli Quinoa Pizza.
The Broccoli Quinoa Pizza has a base made of just Quinoa and no flour at all. The topping has broccoli and zucchini. So this is an extremely healthy pizza and tastes good too. Since we have used Quinoa, the taste is very different from the traditional flour pizza crust but its still nice.
Please try it and let me know your thoughts. Thank you for reading my instructable.
Step 1: Ingredients
For the pizza crust:
- Quinoa - 2 Cups
- Water - 2 Cups (for soaking quinoa)
- Chopped Cilantro - 2 Tbsp
- Crushed Cumin - 1 Tsp
- Baking Powder - 1/2 Tsp
- Sesame Seed Oil - 2 Tbsp
- Salt - to taste
For the topping: (use as much ingredients you wish to fill your pizza with)
- Broccoli - 1 Cup
- Zucchini - 1/2 Cup
- Onion - 1/2 Cup
- Garlic Powder - 1 tsp
- Italian Seasoning - 1 tbsp
- Pepper powder - 1 tsp
- Cheese - 1 handful
- Salt - to taste
- Olive Oil - 1 tbsp
For the final pizza assembly:
- Pizza Sauce
- Baked Quinoa Pizza Crust
- Pizza Topping
Step 2: Prepare the Quinoa Pizza Crust:
- Wash the quinoa and soak it in equal quantity water for at-least 10 hours or overnight.
- After 10 hours/over night soaking, drain the soaked quinoa if any water left and grind it to a fine paste.
- Do not add extra water while grinding else the batter will become too thin.
- Transfer the quinoa batter in another vessel.
- Add crushed cumin, baking powder, sesame oil, chopped cilantro and salt. Mix well.
- The consistency of the batter should be like that of a pan cake batter.
- Grease a cake pan with sesame oil generously.
- Pour the quinoa batter in the pan. Tap it on the working space so the batter is uniformly distributed.
- Bake for 15mins one side and 10mins on the other side in a preheated oven at 425 degree F.
- The cake pan and the partly baked quinoa pizza base will be very hot so take necessary precautions while flipping the pizza bites.
Step 3: Prepare the Broccoli Zucchini Cheesy Topping:
- Heat oil in a pan Add the chopped onions and broccoli.
- Once partly cooked, add thinly sliced zucchini.
- Give a gentle stir and add the spices (garlic powder, italian seasoning and salt)
- Turn off heat.
- The veggies should be just half cooked.
- Add half of the grated cheese and mix. It will slowly melt in the existing heat.
The pizza topping is ready.
Step 4: Assemble the Brocoli Quinoa Pizza:
- Pour tomato ketchup/pizza sauce generously on the quinoa pizza base.
- Spread it uniformly with a butter knife.
- Add the prepared topping and spread that as well.
- Spread the grated cheese all over the top of the pizza.
- Bake in the preheated oven at 425 degree F for 10-15mins.
- Remove from oven, let it come down to room temperature.
- Serve and enjoy the amazing Healthy Broccoli Quinoa Pizza!
Thank you for reading my instructable.