Introduction: Tie Embellishment
I like using brown paper bags for gift wrapping because there are so many things you can do with it. Brown is such a nice warm color. Here is a way to embellish a brown gift package using an old tie, jute, fresh greenery, and by adding an old button.
Step 1: Supplies
- Brown paper
- Fresh greenery
- Old Button
- Safety pin
Step 2: Jute
- Wrap the box with the brown paper.
- Tie the jute around the box.
Step 3: Greenery
- Trim off unwanted stems from the greenery.
- Attach greenery to the box using a small piece of jute.
Step 4: Tie
- Trim off unwanted section of the tie.
- Turn under the raw edge.
- Glue the hem.
- Glue the button onto the tie.
- Attach the tie to the jute with a safety pin.
I turned the tie a different direction to give you a different visual.
Step 5: Sunshiine's Final Thoughts
I wrapped this gift for an elderly man that loves old stuff. I am sure he will be delighted to receive this homemade gift. His wife can alter the tie so he can wear it to church. He does not wear the long neckties. In the picture below I have wrapped the package using burlap instead of jute. I thought it looked nice as well.
Thank you for stopping by and please do have a wonderful day!