Introduction: Brown Sugar Bourbon Coconut Ice Cream
Boozy bourbon coconut ice cream topped with homemade candied peanut and sesame granola!
For the Granola
Makes about 4 cups
- 3 cups rolled oats
- 1 cup candied peanuts
- 1/3 cup brown sugar or Sweet Revenge Coconut Nectar Granules
- ½ cup maple syrup (or honey)
- 1-2 Tbsp. black sesame seeds
- 2 Tbsp. coconut oil
- pinch of sea salt
- pinch of nutmeg
- ¼ tsp. ground ginger
For the Ice Cream
Makes about 5 cups
*I cooled my ice cream mixture in ice bath so be sure to have some ice cubes on hand! Also, be sure your ice cream maker’s mixing bowl is frozen and ready to go!
- 14 oz. coconut milk
- 14 oz. coconut cream
- ¼ cup honey
- ½ cup brown sugar or Sweet Revenge Coconut Nectar Granules
- ½ tsp. coconut or vanilla extractpinch of sea salt
- 1 Tbsp. Cornstarch + 2 Tbsp. coconut milk
- 3-4 Tbsp. Heritage Distilling Brown Sugar Bourbon or your favorite bourbon!
Step 1: Make the Granola
- Preheat oven to 350°F and line a baking sheet with parchment paper or a silicone baking liner.
- Mix all the ingredients in a large bowl until well combined.
- Lay out in a large rectangle about 1 inch high.
- Bake for about 30 minutes (or until golden and crispy) flipping once with a spatula about halfway through to ensure even cooking.
- Remove from oven and allow to cool before breaking apart and storing in an air-tight container.
Step 2: Prep the Ice Cream
- In a medium saucepan combine coconut milk, cream, honey, and sugar and bring to a boil, stirring occasionally.
- Add in salt and whisk in cornstarch mixed in coconut milk.
- Bring to a gentle boil, cooking for a few minutes more until the mixture thickens.
- Turn off the heat and add in coconut or vanilla extract and bourbon.
- Stir and allow to cool to room-temperature.
Step 3: Make the Ice Cream
- Pour cooled mixture into a large zip lock bag and place in an ice bath in the fridge for 4-5 hours.
- Add mixture to your ice cream maker and mix according to your machine’s instructions.
- Pour ice cream into an airtight container and freeze for several hours before serving!
- Serve with granola!