Cute and chewy, these brownie bites are easy to make and sure to please!
Yield: makes 20 bites (I used a mini cupcake tin.)
Step 1: Ingredients
- 1/2 cup of boiling water
- 1/2 cup of unsweetened cocoa powder
- 1-1/2 tsp of espresso powder
- 2 oz of semisweet chocolate, chopped
- 4 tbsp of unsalted butter, melted
- 1/2 cup of canola, grapeseed, or coconut oil
- 2 eggs - 2 egg yolks
- 2 tsp of vanilla extract
- 2-1/2 cups of white, granulated sugar
- 1-3/4 cups of All-purpose flour
- 1 tsp of salt
- 1/4 tsp of baking soda
- 1/2 cup of walnuts, chopped (optional)
Step 2: Prepare Chocolate
1. Preheat oven to 350˚F. Grease a mini cupcake tin.
2. In a large bowl, whisk together the boiling water, cocoa powder, and espresso powder. Add chopped semisweet chocolate, and whisk. Add butter and oil, and whisk. Cool mixture to room temperature so when you add the eggs, you will not curdle them.
Step 3: Sugar & Walnuts
3. Add eggs and egg yolks to chocolate mixture, and whisk.
4. Whisk in vanilla extract and sugar as well.
5. Add flour, salt, and baking soda. Stir with a wooden spoon. Also fold in chopped walnuts (optional).
Step 4: Bake
6. Scoop about 1 tbsp of batter into each cupcake tin, and bake for 15-20 minutes, or until a toothpick inserted in the center of a brownie comes out clean.
Step 5: Enjoy!
7. Enjoy with homemade whipped cream, powdered sugar, or ice cream!