Note: The last step is the blooper reel of last weeks failed Brownie Pops and this weeks failures. It's all in the name of progress and learning.
Step 1: Supplies
- Brownie Mix - 1 box will make anywhere from about 20 - 30 Brownie Pops depending on how big you make them.
- Candy Melts - I only used 1 bag, but didn't have enough for all my mix (though there wasn't too much left over) I would say you will need a bag and then some from another. Not 2 bags though, unless you really coat them.
- Jar of Caramel - I used the whole jar for maximum gooiness and awesomeness (the first time the jar was 16 oz, then 12.5 oz the second time because the store didn't have the 16 oz at the time) Also, I noticed I used two different brands of caramel, didn't notice this at the time, so I think Smuckers might just be a bit less gooey than Hershey's. I do know that it was harder to get the Smuckers out of the jar, which appears to be a good thing in this case.
- Cookie Sticks - I meant to get lollipop sticks, but grabbed the wrong ones, but I would strongly suggest the cookie sticks because they are thicker and stronger.
- Utensils to make brownies + brownie pan
- Big bowl - to mix brownie and caramel
- Big Wooden Spoon - to stir brownie/caramel mix
- Many small plates or dishes of some sort that you can put in the freezer
- Microwavable bowl - for candy melts
- Big Spoon - for rolling balls in chocolate
- Multiple of the last two just in case.
To get started, you have to bake the brownies. Follow the directions according to the package, and then let them cool. Then set them aside and forget about them for awhile.