Making brownies from scratch doesn't have to be hard. Don't be afraid of flour and chocolate - the rewards you reap will be well worth the effort.
Step 1: Materials
- Scale - with this scale, you'll never need a set of measuring cups again. It's so much easier, and more accurate!
- Mixing bowls
- 9x13" baking pan
- I love my Kitchenaid, but a wooden spoon works just as well for this recipe
- Rubber spatula
- 1 cup (225 g) butter, melted
- 3 cups (600 g) white sugar
- 1 tablespoon (15 mL) vanilla extract
- 4 eggs (add one more for a cakier result)
- 1 1/2 cups (180 g) all-purpose flour
- 1 cup (70 g) unsweetened cocoa powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda (to give them a nice crust - omit if you don't want that)
- 6 oz chopped semisweet chocolate or 1 cup semisweet chocolate chips (180 g)
Scoochmaroo is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com.