Is it a CNC Anti Gravity transparent Orb Machine! YES!
Its The Bubblesteen Bubble Machine! The spherical miracle that kids and cats have been waiting for. It comes complete with robotic edge detection( when a bubble hits an edge it pops, thus the edge has been detected).
Turn up the sound and watch Lester the cat battle it out with the Bubblesteen!
* No animals were harmed during testing.
This project came about after playing around with pan and tilt using servos. Most of the pan and tilt senereos I saw involved using webcams or some type of camera, which pan and tilt is perfect for. There are some good instructables and how-to's on the web for this very thing.
I may not have an available camera, but I did have some bubble mix :)
Step 1: Things you will need
I will also include small tips on the materials I used and things to be careful of
- 1. Arduino Duemilanove $30.00
- 1 motor shield $19.50 (www.adafruit.com) * It is made to fit the Duemilanove
- 2 micro servos- I used Hextronik HXT 500 $3.50 each (www.hobbyking.com)
- 1 DC toy motor- something between 3v and 12v - easy to find, motor shield docs will help you decide if what you may already have will work.
- 1 thing of bubble mix. - find at CVS or a dollar store. Some work better than others
- 1 roll of perferated metal tape- any hardware store
- nuts and bolts of various sizes - thread count not critical :)
- diamond plate- local scrap yard
- aluminum channel- local scrap yard
- 1 threaded rod hanger/ plate
- earthquake putty or museum wax
- 5 minute epoxy
- 1/4" acrylic sheet- about 6" x 6" worth
- acrylic adhesive