If you like chicken wings, spicy food, and/or pizza, then you'll like this pizza. You can adjust the heat of the chicken to your liking even if you aren't a huge fan of spicy.
I used a pizza stone so my instructions will be for a pizza stone, but I will include extra instructions for using a pizza pan or cookie sheet. I also let the pizza rise after putting it together. This is optional and will make for a fluffier pizza.
Step 1: Gather the ingredients
- Pizza pan and/or stone. If you use a stone, you will need something (like a pizza peel or cookie sheet) to prepare the pizza on while the stone preheats.
- Pizza cutter. Well unless you're just going to eat the whole thing ;)
- Cutting board and knife - for cutting the chicken
- Spoon - for spreading the bleu cheese
- Various bowls for mixing up hot sauce
- Plate to heat up the chicken fingers on
- Pizza dough. The Tops (grocery store) near us makes pizzas to order and you can buy just the dough. I'm sure you can probably find Instructables about making dough from scratch, but I'm not very good with yeast. You might be able to find frozen dough (but you would want it raw!) or as an alternative, a loaf of frozen bread dough could work (although it wouldn't be as good).
- Corn Meal. You could possibly use flour in place of this, but corn meal is best for keeping the dough from sticking to the pan. If you don't have any and you aren't using a pizza stone, pan spray could suffice.
- Hot sauce. I used Original Anchor Bar Wing Sauce because that's what we had in the house. Anchor Bar is where chicken wings originated, so it's pretty good. They have many levels of hotness and I will explain how to adjust hotness to your liking. You will need about 1/4 - 1/2 cup.
- Some kind of breaded chicken. We happened to have chicken fingers in the freezer, so I used those. You could also use chicken finger leftovers or even make your own from scratch. But note, the chicken needs to be fully cooked before it goes on the pizza! I used 3 small chicken fingers and I had a little bit leftover.
- Bleu Cheese Dressing. Any kind will work, I just used a store brand. You only need about 2-3 tbsp.
- Mozzarella Cheese. Any type of shredded will work. You'll need about a cup or maybe some more depending on if you like lots of cheese.
- Butter (optional). Can be used to tone down the hot sauce. You can also use cayenne pepper to heat it up,