NOTE: "Minecraft" is a trademark of Notch Development AB. The Minecraft block graphics are Copyright © Mojang AB. Laboratory 424 is not affiliated with, nor endorsed by Mojang AB.
This instructible shows you how to build giant 3-D Minecraft terrains on your wall using simple, raised papercraft panels. The papercraft panels use a modified version of our Panel Poster panels. They are fast to build, no glue is needed, and are easy to install and remove using our non-permanent adhesive blocks.
Here's a 7:47 minute video showing you how to build and install a panel for a similar project, Giant 3D Papercraft Space Invaders. The process is identical with these 2 exceptions:
- Before you fold the panel, flip the panel over (picture side down).
- Install the tape strips after you fold. This helps you align the strips to the score lines.
Step 1: Get Tools and Materials
- Hobby knife
- Self healing mat (or similar)
- Tweezers (optional)
- Small level (optional)
- Sheets of 110 lb, 8.5" x 11" (216mm x 279mm) card stock (or similar)
- 1, Panel Poster Starter Pack (includes score tool and adhesive)
- Panel Poster Adhesive Packs